15 September 2014

Patio Door Swap

When it was decided to replace the door to our patio, I was kicking around the idea of doing the installation myself.  The manufacturer's website rated it as a "2 Hour Install" which I am guessing would mean at least half a day for me.  So when I got to Home Depot and was informed that they were running a sale for $50 off the install fee (usually $97), my decision was made.  Save me the time and having to get the tools and supplies.  The door we wanted was out of stock and so we had to wait for about a month or so, but finally, we got the call and the installer came to swap the door for us.  I'm glad we had them do it, as he had to add a small trim piece of wood to the top of the frame to get the right fit.  It looks fantastic, is super quiet (no more slamming) and best of all - you can slide the top pane of glass down and a screen rolls out!  It helps a bunch with getting a breeze through the house.  We took this opportunity to scrape and repaint the interior door to get rid of the scratch marks from the previous owner's animal. 


6 comments:

  1. Love those house improvements... really a nice one here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking doors. Successful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice ghostly selfie too. you can recycle that next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This is a great change. The patio door you got is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I think your door looks cool! I got a new patio door for the bedroom . I was specific about getting an energy efficient one (double paned glass). I liked the design and the carpentry works. I got it for a high price. So I thought I would be better to install it myself without really paying the extra for the installers. I was browsing on ways for a DIY installation. But in most of the sites I found that DIY installation of doors and windows was risky. Thanks for your advise. I think now I have to look for good installers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Installing the doors yourself must've really saved you a great deal of money. In any case, you did a great job with the installation, and the transformation brought about a lovely new look for your patio. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos to you! :)

    Greg Marshall @ Crawford Door

    ReplyDelete