08 March 2014

Lent, Stations and Fish Frys

We started off our season of Lenten fish frys at my favorite in the Des Moines area, the Basilica of St. John.  While we were enjoying our food, we also discussed that we should venture out and try a few new places this year.  So I look forward to searching out some new fish purveyors!
We followed it up, of course, with Stations of the Cross.  Truly the highlight of my year of church services, I treasure these services.  And I just found out that if I am away, I could still follow along online.  Check out the Basilica's streaming (and on-demand) broadcasts here.  We had an abbot take part in the service last night and he gave a little talk/sermon which was good, but unnecessary in my mind. 
Stay tuned for more fish fry news in the weeks to come!

2 comments:

  1. Great start to this Lenten season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow online... great tip. Mass was great at Boys Town too

    ReplyDelete