05 January 2014

2013 Book List

For the second year, I kept my book list in a document that grew as I filled it out throughout the year.  Check out the pdf here.  It helps so much when it comes time to review at the end of the year!
I had a nice mix of biographies, classic novels, children's chapter books, birding books,  etc.  Overall, a lot of great reads.  A few of the highlights:
  • A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Donald Miller
  • Bright Lights, No City - Max Alexander
  • Yes, Chef - Marcus Samuelsson
  • A Good Man - Mark Shriver
  • Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
  • JFK's Secret Doctor - Susan Schwartz
Past years: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004

3 comments:

  1. Love the pdf file and the way it was organized. You read and shared some great ones last year.. keep the good books coming.. I love your picks and it is such fun to get new ones from the big stack you bring me. :) My fav of the year is A Good Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea to keep a list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed--and benefited from!--Schartz's book about Dr. K. My back is feeling better! Didn't make my top list, but interesting & worthwhile. I listened to Ender's Game some years ago & was taken. Still waiting to see the film production? Is it worthy? Enjoyed your list, too.

    ReplyDelete