18 December 2013

May be a long day...

Guest blog:  I copy and pasted this from an email I received a week ago from minovia.

Morning message today: "We are going to make bird feeders."
 
me: What is a bird feeder?
 
students: Awkward silence.............. no one had a guess.
 
me: A bird feeder is a container that has food on it for birds.  We're going to use a pinecone, peanut butter and seeds to make our bird feeders.  What is a pinecone?
 
students: Awkward silence.................
 
me: Where does a pinecone come from?
 
students: Awkward silence................
 
me: (showing them a pinecone)- It comes from a......... (No one finishes my sentence.)
 
me: It comes from a pinetree.
 
me: What do birds eat?
 
student: WORMS!
 
It might be a long day.  :)

2 comments:

  1. it did prove to be a long day.... during dismissal i heard one of my students yell- dad, i made a bird feeder with an ACORN today, it's in my backpack! Seriously? I give up. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lost my comment on here from yesterday. hmm. At least the kid was excited!

    ReplyDelete