27 September 2013

Whirlpool Gold

Yesterday felt like Christmas to me.  I couldn't stop thinking about the new refrigerator that was heading my way.  After a long and thorough hunt, both in person and online, we purchased a Whirlpool Gold bottom-freezer in white from Nebraska Furniture Mart.  And it got delivered yesterday after work.  When the NFM truck came around the corner Isa started jumping up and down in the front yard and I pretty much felt that same way.  The guys did a great & quick job of taking away the old frig and bringing in, leveling, connecting it to the water line and setting up the new one.  (sidenote: I need to get a set of moving straps for the future. Those things are amazing.)
There is SO MUCH room in the new frig!  We have increased our shelf space by over double and all the in-door storage is super useful.  The pullout freezer drawer and its basket will take a little time figuring out the most efficient way to pack it, but I love it all.  Woo hoo!  Everybody come see it!

3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing it... shortly after it arrived.. was I the first? :) Looks great.. many happy years with a great appliance awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing it... shortly after it arrived.. was I the first? :) Looks great.. many happy years with a great appliance awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo jealous. I have to DEFROST my model, and they just bought it. Also, it's about 4 feet tall, and the frig will hold about 3-4 trays of ice cubes. Happy for you, though! Keep the Arm & Hammer handy, and don't leave out the frog!

    ReplyDelete