01 May 2013

Drake Half

What a beautiful day for a race!  Tons of sunshine (so much so that I got a little pink!) and stoppable came out and ran the first five miles of the race with me which was very enjoyable.  I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the new route, it just seemed too commercial and not very accessible to spectators.  Plus all the major hills were in the last 2 miles!  Anyways, I felt pretty good all race long and was happy with my results.  The girl with the 2 hour pace sign passed me around the 12 mile mark but she only got a few steps in front of me and I was able to pass her back shortly thereafter.
Officially I finished in 1:57.16, which is an 8:57 pace.  My pace increased from the 5k mark (9:08), to the 10k mark (8:59) to the 15k mark (8:57). I was 700th overall of 1588 finishers, 66th of 111 M3539, 459 of 824 of males.

1 comment:

  1. Great job.!! I enjoyed watching you. So glad Eron could join you for the first 5 and got to spend time with all 3 of my sons. Glad you pushed through and good job everyone.

    ReplyDelete