15 November 2012

Mr. Popper's Penguins

Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0865)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0866)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0867)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0868)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0869)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0870)
Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0871)Mr. Popper's Penguins (#0872)

Mr. Popper's Penguins, a set on Flickr.
On one of our after-school stops at the public library, I recently scored a 25 cent copy of Mr. Popper's Penguins in the used book sale section.  What a treasure hidden amongst all the trash! How I did not already have a copy of this classic, I'm not really sure. But this one was so much better than a fresh new one. Hardback, library dust-cover, and old (I forgot to check the printing!), the paper is thick and slightly yellow instead of bright white. And best of all, the illustrations are sublime. I had to snap a few pix to share. I didn't take any of the ending so you don't have to worry about spoiler alerts. Such great fun with penguins, it has been a delight to read and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Was a great read-aloud to my second grade class. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this book....Didn't they try to make a movie of it? Bad idea, I'm sure. The front cover is classic.

    ReplyDelete