30 October 2012

Belated Birthday

I'm so far behind in my posting I don't even know where or when to start.   I will try and do better.
I missed sharing anything about my b-day, but it was a good one.  36 doesn't sound like a big milestone but it seemed like one.  Having my presents picked out, wrapped (and partially opened) by a five-year old made for a lot of fun.  And the gifts were very thoughtful...a set of jacks (can't wait to learn how to play), a box of Cap'n Crunch, a puzzle of the United States, a picture book of a Spanish-speaking, soccer-playing penguin (how amazing is that!), a sweater, and a wonderful handmade, hand-illustrated book telling the story of a boy named Jakee who meets two wonderful girls.  I'll let you read it to find out the rest of the story. 
Maybe the biggest present was getting to pick up Isa from school for the first time on my birthday.  We have so many fun things planned for our after-school adventures together!
We also went out to Centro for a little birthday dinner, which ended with someone in tears and it wasn't me.  I think the combination of eating a large hunk of blue cheese (unaware of what it was) and being very tired made for an upset girl.
The Notre Dame trip was also an amazing amazing trip, and a memory I'll always enjoy and I got some super cool Irish swag for my birthday courtesy of homebase.  And I've got a Scheel's gift card to enjoy spending soon thanks to caboose!  And the fantastic running gloves from the Omaha family make me feel like Tron.  Can't wait to try them out.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Overall a super wonderful birthday.  One that makes me excited for birthdays to come.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post.. can't wait to see the rest of the story when Jakee meets 2 wonderful girls. :) I think you have wonderful birthdays ahead... as we all should look forward to--cherish each day

    ReplyDelete
  2. THose gifts are just fantastic.... I say if you can't give a gift that you also enjoy, then it's not a real gift! Looks like you had a special b-day with two very special ladies. Excellent to hear. Many happy returns on the day. I haven't heard anyone call you Jakie for a very long time...It takes me back!

    ReplyDelete