24 September 2012

Gameday Cooking

Since I spent my Friday night & most of Saturday either on the road, relaxing on the farm, walking on the Wabash Trace, enjoying some fantastic weather, watching Gameday at stoppable's with his family, and wandering around Hitchcock Nature Center, I did not do any real gameday cooking to speak of.  I did plan my day so I was home in DSM in time to watch the Irish.  Seriously, how good is their defense!?!  I may have a slight crush on Manti Te'o.  The dude is a BEAST. And making Denard Robinson look like a chump was just gravy.
[We will skip any discussion of the Hawkeyes.  I don't know what can be said...other than I am glad I wasn't watching that game on TV.]
As far as culinary treats, I will offer this recipe for Mexican Lime Chicken soup from Williams-Sonoma that we made on Sunday evening.  I wasn't sure what to expect, as it is very simple, but that simple broth lets some very nice flavors show their full colors.  We added cilantro as another garnish and I would recommend you do the same.  Very tasty stuff.  A keeper recipe for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, now I don't know about that soup... is that avacodo in hot soup? Interesting. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is. and it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete