28 April 2012

Comfort Food

I was craving some comfort food this evening and thought it might hit the spot on this gray, chilly evening.  homebase & I had made 'smashed potatoes' dish for Easter and I'm not sure where she got the recipe for it from, but it was tasty.  Since I've had some good Yukon Gold potatoes hanging around my kitchen for a while I thought this would be the perfect thing to make to use them up.  Parboiled the potatoes, then roughly smashed them, just enough to break them open and into chunks.  A Mexican twist, courtesy of browned chorizo crumbled over the top, some seasonings, jalapenos and sliced green onions, really customized it to my tastes.  Topped with shredded cheese and some sour cream and into the oven for ~15 minutes.  It came out hot, cheesy, and delicious and I ate far more than could be considered healthy. 

3 comments:

  1. yes, agreed; looks great. I must say you neglected to point out perhaps the best topper -- fried EGG! caught it in your pics. nice touch - over easy I assume :)

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i forgot to include that, but it was GREAT. runny yolk brought it all together.

    ReplyDelete