20 March 2012

Spring Break Mix '12

And here's a little spring break mixtape.  Fun songs, happy songs, songs for windows down driving.
The track list may get a final tweak but here is how it stands now. 

1. Cadence to Arms - Dropkick Murphys
2. Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win - Beastie Boys & Santigold
3. Hannah - Freelance Whales (Ra Ra Riot remix)
4. Happening - Chiddy Bang
5. Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba
6. Youth - Foxes (Adventure Club dubsteb mix)
7. Bad Girls - M.I.A.
8. Cracks - Freestylers ft. Belle Humble (Flux Pavilion remix)
9. Off to the Races - Lana Del Rey
10. Finally Moving - Pretty Lights
11. Hurricane Season - Trombone Shorty
12. Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini
13. We Are Young (acoustic) - Fun. ft Janelle Monae
14. How Great Thou Art - Carrie Underwood
15. Life's a Happy Song - The Muppets & Jason Segal

4 comments:

  1. I want to learn the words to Life's a Happy Song. That is my goal for the Spring season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cover art! I like the surfboard :) 1 copy please!! Looking forward to giving it a listen. There are several one here that I haven't heard. Excited to see track #14 - that song is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING this mix!! So many fun songs. Pata Pata has been getting a LOT of play in the car. So has How Great Thou Art....it brings me to tears almost everytime - I'm sure I've told you (several times) that it's my grandma's favorite song so it reminds me of her :) Also loving MIA's Bad Girls. I'm not a huge dubstep person, but really liking #6. And of course, Life's a Happy Song - you can't help but smile and feel great when listening to that one. I was in need of some new music - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete