05 February 2012

Snowy Saturday

I was starting to worry that I wouldn't be able to try out the new snow boots that I'd gotten back in November.  So I was pretty excited to see the snow coming day when I got out of bed on Saturday morning.  It came down pretty much all day long and I had several opportunities to bundle up, tie on my new boots (which are fantastic) and do some shoveling.  I also took a walk over to Witmer Park with Nicole to see what was going on there.  Kids sledding with their dads and dogs, a few snowmen had taken shape, we contributed a couple snow angels, threw snowballs and had a good time on the swingset.  So lots of fun out in the wintery wonderland and the other key activity on snow days is good cooking and we had that covered too.  Madras curry on Friday night and meatball subs on Saturday were both delicious.  Now off to make some Oriental Chickpea soup...

7 comments:

  1. the pictures are wonderful, winter wonderland wonderful. Great job, way to enjoy the day, outside getting snowy with people, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun afternoon - fueling up with delicious (and one of my favs) meatball subs and then heading to the park to play. I think the mild winter we were having up until this storm made me appreciate and welcome the snowy weather yesterday. Your pictures are beautiful, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent curry! ginger bits look tasty. And holy cow you treated that sub to a snowfall of parmesean cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a lovely snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i made it rain with the Parmesan cheese. :)

    it's hard to capture on film how beautiful a fresh snow is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you don't mind, but i'm using this photo as my desktop background here at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear it holt!
    witmer park was pretty awesome to see that day.

    ReplyDelete