15 February 2012

Jordis Unga Returns

While I was in Chicago my gf at the time and her friends were all friends of and groupies for the band the Lovehammers.  Even during my short stay in the Windy City, I caught over a dozen shows, partied with them at their house, some bars and even a wedding.  They were more rock than I usually listen to but I was and am a fan.  Shortly after I moved back from Chicago the reality show Rockstar:INXS debuted and the lead singer for the Lovehammers, Marty Casey, was one of the contestants.  I am not a fan of reality TV, even reality cooking shows, but this show became the only one that I would watch from start to finish.  Marty ended up coming in as runner-up and had some great performances along the way.  ("Wish You Were Here", "Mr. Brightside", "Take Me Out")After a few shows though, my favorite contestant became Jordis Unga, Twin Cities-based, dread-locked with a big voice and fun personality.  (Check out "Man Who Sold the World", "Knocking On Heaven's Door" or "The Reason")She still has several tracks on my iPod but after the show ended (she made the final five) I pretty much lost track of her....until this week.  I was browsing my Facebook feed and saw the Lovehammers had given a shout out to Jordis, so I followed the link and it turns out she is now a contestant on the Voice and got picked by Blake Shelton for her pretty fantastic cover of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed".  Well I was definitely amazed to see her on TV again and although I don't watch the Voice and don't plan to start, I will defintely be following her progress.  Good luck Jordis!

No comments:

Post a Comment