29 December 2011

Graduate.

I am way behind on blogging.  So I'll start with this story and start getting caught up.
In mid-July I got an email from my professor and the entire body of the email read as follows...

"Congrats, Jake
My Hahn  and Steve Rose agree that your paper deserves a passing grade for ed. 573.  Please see our comments.  They will help you with further writing efforts."

Well, that was fantastic to read.  Not quite a flattering or exciting as I'd hoped for, especially since I thought my 23 page paper was pretty good, and since I'd had that professor for many of my grad classes, earning straight A's in all of them, but really it is just nice to be finished so whatever.
One of the items on my 2011 checklist "Finish my Masters project."  Check.  It's been a long time since I got the coursework portion done back in 2006 and even longer since I was accepted into the program in '05!  But I did finish and wrap it all up this year.  I got the pay increase (whoo hoo!) and put a cap on it all, literally, a couple weeks ago during the graduate studies hooding ceremony.  I skipped the regular commencement, but it was nice to have a little formal celebration of a lot of hours, trips to Indianola, papers, reflections, etc.  And a meal at Macaroni Grill was the perfect place, since my family and I toasted my undergrad celebration there too!
Thanks to family and friends for support and encouragement along the way!!

3 comments:

  1. The hoody is a great look for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You worked hard and were rewarded. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome, congrats jake!

    ReplyDelete