11 September 2011

Football & Shadow Puppets

Yesterday was a rough day of football.  The Hawkeyes losing in triple OT to ISU was terrible.  At least I enjoyed some great food, bags, throwing the pigskin around and shared a lot of laughs with friends while watching it.  I also was able to try out Paula Deen's pumpkin bars and Marcelo Valladolid's potato & poblano gratin.  Both turned out well!  The real heartbreaker for me was seeing Notre Dame fall victim to their own mistakes and turnovers again in "an instant classic" and, after three touchdowns & lead changes in the last 1:30, the Irish were left with their second defeat of the year.  Awful. 
On that note, I came across this video today and appreciated its attempt to cheer me up.

1 comment:

  1. That puppet show was fantastic.


    The Iowa game was depressing, ND, a shock they played so poorly. Next week will be better. Has to be.

    ReplyDelete