16 August 2011

Garden '11 Update

Tomatoes are rocking.  I am suffering some losses on the Big Boy tomatoes though.  I think the chipmunks are helping themselves to the fruits of my labor.  And, they are frustratingly waiting until just when the tomato gets ripe, and then they chow down and leave about half of it there uneaten.
My red bell pepper plant has one fantastic pepper on it that is almost ripe, but that is it.  Not another blossom or bud or beginning of anything else.  And the Hungarian Black hot peppers are growing but very slowly.  I think my monstrous tomato vines are strangling them out.  I'll remember not to put them so close together next year.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful tomatoes, jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had the same results w/my pepper plants.... ever since I stopped fertilizing. The bells need a LOT of nutrients. so the grow nicely, branch out impressively and then?... pop out 1 pepper per plant and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomatoes not only look great but taste great too! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For your first yr--wonderful. Can't beat all the vitamins in tomatoes. Chipmunks? From the size of those chops I saw, Wolves!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that should have been "chomps" - since school has started I can't spell a thing, and ---your food pictures just keep getting better and better.Fantastic pic.

    ReplyDelete