14 July 2011

Netflix Hiking their Fees

After seeing this article yesterday morning, I promptly went out and put my subscription on hold for the next three months.  I also switched my plan to the 1-DVD at a time with no instant streaming option for $7.99 a month.  The three months will give me some time to see if I want to keep it around.  I actually am pleased that they now offer a 'just DVD' option and a 'just streaming' option.  I don't get through many movies during the summer months and I used their "put your account on hold" option last summer and didn't miss it.  I think that I won't notice not having the live streaming option, even though I have been watching a few movies on my iPad in bed.  And 1 DVD at a time is all I need.  So really, I'll be saving money since my fee will go from $11.99 to $7.99.  Ha, your plan backfired Netflix!

1 comment:

  1. I did the same last fall, then thought about that blasted cable fee... no reception at all otherwise then... brainstorm, HD antennae which is fab.. and FREE!! just as long as your 3 smart sons can install the very easy dish. :) Bring on anything free in my direction. I am tired of fees, fees, fees. :)

    ReplyDelete