10 September 2009

iPod Turns Four Years Old!

shamROCK turned four on September 1. He got a sweet make-over courtesy of caboose, but these last few months I've come to accept that his time with me may not be long. Not only did I reach my storage limit, so I can't add any more music to it without deleting some first, but also the battery life is starting to wane. It only lasts about 3 hours when it's using the iTrip and that isn't even enough for a trip home and back. So I was keeping a close eye on the Apple announcement event yesterday. I wasn't happy with the $399 price for the 64GB iTouch, so I may seen how long I can continue to hold out with shamROCK. The new version of iTunes does have a few things I like though, "Home Share" in particular
If interested you can see past birthday posts: birth, 1, 2, and 3.
And, keeping with tradition, here is my list of top 25 most played songs. This is cumulative plays, not just for the past year and there aren't a lot seperating these so there is a lot of ties.

1- Take It Easy (Love Nothing) - Bright Eyes
2- Bingo - M.I.A.
2- Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

2- The Kids Don't Stand a Chance - Vampire Weekend
5- WP - Matisyahu

5- Summer Skin - Death Cab for Cutie
7- Dishy - Candypants

7- Grace of God Go I - Flogging Molly
7- Nothing Better - Postal Service
7- What About Everything? - Carbon Leaf
7- Marching Bands of Manhattan - Death Cab for Cutie
12- Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
12- Gold Mine Gutted - Bright Eyes
12- Mushaboom - Bright Eyes
12- The Professor - Damien Rice
12- Hold On - Lovehammers

12- Stronger - Kanye West
12- Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
12- Anne Braden - Flobots

12- Kissing the Lipless - The Shins
12- Shorty's Running Numbers - Noise Tank

22- Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
22- The Recluse - Cursive
22- Good Love - John Mayer
22- F-stop Blues - Jack Johnson
22- Baba O'Riley - Jordis Unga

22- Nine in the Afternoon - Panic at the Disco

22- Denial Twist - The White Stripes
22- Chop 'Em Down - Matisyahu

5 comments:

  1. Is it a bad sign that my #1 song is entitled Love Nothing? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you to to 4 years with this Pod! My 20G topped out at 3, what a brick :) I sadly downgraded to shuffle, just didn't need the space I guess. Props to your top 25, lovin' Dashboard, Postal Service & PATD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 years! that's a great value from your original investment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post of the top 25! Good tunes. And its not sad that is your #1 song... it's a GREAT song!
    I had my ipod stolen and haven't replaced it. I miss it dearly. I think today is the day. You have inspired me to just do it, especially if I will have it for 3-4 years. It's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at my #1 song played on itunes. I thought oh which Bright Eyes song will it be....WRONG!
    I've Got Friends-Manchester Orchestra
    I guess Manchester has taken over my true loving feelings.

    ReplyDelete