20 September 2009

Farragut 5K


So with 5K's on my mind I've been looking at the race calendar and trying to find a couple more to do this fall. I also am thinking that we should expand on last year's Thanksgiving morning run and make it a full 5K Turkey Trot. I got on MayMyRun.com and came up with a great route too. 3.1 miles of fun. Start and finish areas are homebase's driveway. The green arrows are the first mile, the red arrows are the second and the blue ones are the final mile. Spread the word and let's work up an appetite for our turkey feast.

4 comments:

  1. looks so fun, at first when I saw it I thought,"How in the heck could one get lost in Farragut?" I had never seen or heard of Warton St. ha ha. I will fund the capital for some Turkey Trot shirts if someone wants to design them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea -- and the race course looks good. I like the 'victory lap' idea, and hope the condition of the track will support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rode this route yesterday in my bike, whew!! I may need to do the 2 mile. I didn't do the track as the football team was practicing. I am going to do it in my car, add the footage of the track and see if indeed it is exact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what was the temp last year? 15?

    ReplyDelete