21 July 2009

Summer Chick Pea Salad

I had the idea for this snack in my head so I went online to see what I could find in the way of recipes. Unlike stoppable, I am not good at going without a recipe. I like to know exactly what to put in and exactly how much. Once I have that I don't mind deviating, but I don't like winging it when I'm making something new. So here's what I came up with. It still needs some adjusting on the EVOO and the vinegar so let me know if you have suggestions:

1 small can chick peas (drained)
1 can tuna (drained)
1 tomato (diced)
1 shallot (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
some grated Parmesan (1/2 c maybe)
1-2 glugs EVOO
2 glugs red wine vinegar
fresh ground pepper

Toss and let it sit for awhile to distribute flavors. Serve cold.

3 comments:

  1. Love chickpeas, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great.

    If you're needing summer herbs to incorporate -- I've got a massive garlic chive you can have some of!

    ReplyDelete