15 July 2009

New Racquet


So I've been playing a good amount of tennis lately and loving it. And I'm loving it even more now that I have a good racquet. It hasn't transformed my game. I'm still at a very low level, but the grip size is much more fitting for my hand and it does feel very nice when I make a solid forehand. It was fun to pick out and there were lots to choose from. I decided on a Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet midplus. I got to choose what type and color of strings to put in it and what tension to string them at. So now I've got a solid tool to work with as I continue to search for my first win.

7 comments:

  1. you now have a hornet to go along with you firefly!! Love it. You will get a lot of use out of that racket. Like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about tennis - but I know that the racquet SOUNDS bad ass. Hybrid Hornet? Nobody wants to mess with those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The actual SOUND of the strings hitting the ball sounds badass too! It's awesome!

    I was hoping the hornet might help you to lay off the net drop shots into full-fledged forehands, no such luck.

    Sincerely,
    Poetry in Motion

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree w/caboose Hybrid Hornets are NOT good...


    unless they've been crossed with silverfish (which i think might be the worst bug evolved. they're slow, too stupid to hide properly, never evade a squish attempt, and have 0 ability to defend themselves)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things:

    1.YAY for tennis! That looks wicked awesome. I love the sound of a good serve with new strings.... gives me goosebumps.

    for dos: You should have had a whole post about the picture in your flicker. The flower in chicago.... that is an awesome shot and the flower is so beautiful. They remind me of a pinwheel. You truly captured a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, thanks for the photo compliment. i DO like how it turned out, the foreground and background flowers contrast pretty nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do You Know Prince? While gearing up for the U.S. Open, Prince is giving you the chance to test your tennis IQ and even win new gear. 
Visit www.doyouknowprince.com Or visit us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/official.prince.tennis) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/prince_tennis) for additional daily Prince trivia and opportunities for complimentary Prince equipment!

    ReplyDelete