04 May 2009

Patio Garden







































I made the trek all the way to the south edge of town last Friday to the greenhouse sale that is put on annually by Central Campus. It was a incredibly gorgeous day and to make it even better my friend Haley went along and we stopped for pops on the way. We took our time exploring and inspecting and finally making our choices. I brought home two types of tomatoes (grape and San Marzano), pepperocini peppers, marigolds, vincas, basil and a jade plant that I may take to my classroom in the fall if it survives. I had to get a few more containers but by the end of the weekend I had everything planted and ready to grow. Hopefully they all do well. Oh and check out the clever hanging flower boxes I put together! I used strong bungee tie-downs to drape the two boxes on either side of the railing. We'll see how it all does. Stay tuned for progress reports.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I am horrible at keeping plants alive. However every year I give it another shot. There is just something about using fresh home grown herbs/tomatoes when cooking. Matt looks at a plant and it grows. figures. HAPPY GARDENING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like quite a garden, you seem to have a green thumb so, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'll see! i've killed two basil plants in the last year or so. hopefully these fair better.

    The whole batch of plants was less than $8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet photos - great vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deal on a good spread of veggies!

    ReplyDelete