12 May 2009

New Celtic FC Kit


Celtic FC released the images of the new away uniforms for international games today and it goes on sale a month from today. I have always been a fan of uniforms and love seeing how they evolve from year to year. Nike & Celtic have made a bold decision with this kit. They have introduced a Celtic tartan pattern to the jersey and the shorts. I think the jersey is nice, just the right amount of flair on a classic white top. The shorts are definitely the talking point of the whole kit. Plaid shorts are not a typical sighting on a professional soccer field, but the tartan is dark and dense enough that I don't think it will be distracting. Overall, I like it! Unique and embodying of the heritage of the club. I won't be getting one though, I'm still waiting to purchase my classic home jersey.

4 comments:

  1. Love the tops, not too keen on the shorts. Too much plaid. A stripe of plaid (like on the tops) would have been cool. But I get that its a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt, the shorts,, well... I think I dig them... but not going crazy over them, like the free green shirt you get with them when you order. "Hear the people sing" or something like that on the front. Like the socks. Stick with the classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, home socks much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love 'em both - tops and shorts.

    ReplyDelete