21 April 2009

Floor plans

We've been learning about store layout, visual marketing, and retail design. I wanted to find a free online application for drawing floor plans and was able to find exactly what I was looking for. www.floorplanner.com is free and easy and it does a nice job. The students had a great time playing around with all the details and so did I! You can have it render a 3-D design from your 2-D plans and there are lots of floor coverings, appliances, plants, rugs, etc to add. This is the floorplan for a restaurant that I put together. I've loved floor plans and drafting ever since I took drafting and CAD in high school. I still have those plans for my dream house that I made when I was 17. Someday...

4 comments:

  1. I feel like there should have been a reference to Tegan & Sara in there somewhere for tha hardcore readerz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll still eat at your restaurant though. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goal, keep it--you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet software -- i'll have to check it out this week.

    ReplyDelete