22 February 2009

Oscars '09

Beforehand, I always say 'they last too long' and 'the are too drawn out' but when it comes showtime, I will always watch the entire broadcast, in addition to the red carpet and I will enjoy all of it. I thought tonight's show was really a top-notch production. The win and acceptance speech by Heath Ledger's family, Penelope Cruz's speech to kickoff the evening, Hugh Jackman's funny opening number, Natalie Portman's breath-taking pink dress (WHY HASN'T SHE ASKED ME TO BE HER DATE YET!?!?!), the Seth Rogan/James Franco skit, Tina Fey & Steve Martin's screenwriter dialogue, Ben Stiller's Joaquin Phoenix impersonation, 'Jai Ho' getting the best song award, and of course that Slumdog Millionaire won Best Picture. I loved it! I watched the movie for a second time this weekend when I was back home for homebase's birthday and it was SO good! My favorite quote of the night, "All my life I had the choice - Hate or Love. I chose love, now I'm here." - AR Rahman
My only complaint is that I thought the red carpet show sucked this year. It could be because I no longer have the extra cable channels that have all the good interviews, but the 30 minutes I watched were totally stale. The best thing on the red carpet was when the entire cast of Slumdog Millionaire came in together. Other red carpet highlights for me: obviously Natalie Portman, Taraji Henson, Marisa Tomei, Amy Adams, Vanessa Hudgens, and Jennifer Aniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment