14 February 2009

February 14th Mixtape

I've been putting this mix together for awhile now and have just been slow in getting it finalized and burned. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day or Singles Awareness Day. It just happened that I found time this afternoon to burn this to discs for some friends. I'm not even sure it is that great but it is some music that I've been enjoying a lot. If you are looking for a Valentine's Day mix, check out this one. I don't know all of it, but some of those bands are pretty splendid. I've downloaded and will be checking it out. If you are in the mood to dig in to your anguish, check out this mix. It actually sounds more my style. Similar to my movie tastes, I have an odd fondness for songs that bare some tormented soul or share a crushed dream or broken heart.
My mix is neither of those genres. The first 11 songs get you going and will hopefully raise your BPM a few notches and then the last 8 songs are good for slowing it back down and. So listen to whichever part suits your mood.

1. Galvanize the Empire - Party Ben mashup
2. So Rich, So Pretty - Mickey Avalon
3. Strange Times - Black Keys
4. Brooklyn (Go Hard) - Jay-Z & Santogold
5. Dressed to Digress - Boy Crisis
6. That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
7. Kids - MGMT
8. Gifted - N.A.S.A. (with Kanye, Santogold, & Lykke Li)
9. Phantom Part II - Justice (Boyz Noize remix)
10.You'll Find a Way - Santogold (switch & sinden remix)
11. Shells - M.I.A.
12. The Fear - Lily Allen
13. Atoms - Cashes Rivers (scented vinyl version)
14. Love for a Child - Jason Mraz
15. Sweet Potato - Sia
16. Only a Song - Ben Sollee
17. Chasing Pavements - Adele
18. If the Brakeman Turns My Way - Bright Eyes
19. Acid Tongue - Jenny Lewis

I'm making a few copies so let me know if you want one...

3 comments:

  1. I heard a duet that Colbie Callat and Jason Mrza did, nice and catchy and great voices, It was called Lucky. Just thought I would throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've got it and i LOVE it. it's my second favorite song on that CD. i'll add it to my list of songs for a mix for you. :)

    ReplyDelete