27 December 2006

2006 Book List

My reading this year was severely limited by class, textbook reading, paper writing, classroom observations and work, especially when compared to my list from 2005 or 2004. I hope to get back into reading for pleasure now that my coursework is behind me. So here is a list of what I did manage to read this year, not all of it was good but I had so little this year, I just included everything. I didn't really think the Cash bio or Obama's first book were great reads. I did include two texts since they were reads that I enjoyed. So compile and share what you read that was good!

1. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
2. Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure
by Sarah Macdonald
3. Teacher Man: A memior (audiobook)
by Frank McCourt
4. blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (audiobook)
by Malcolm Gladwell
5. Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
by Barack Obama
6. Cash: The Autobiography
by Johnny Cash
7. Classroom Instruction That Works: Research Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement
by Robert J. Marzano, Debra Pickering, Jane E. Pollock
8. Action Research: A Guide for the Teacher Researcher
by Geoffrey Mills

2 comments:

  1. Here are some I've read
    Come Back to Afghanistan-Hyder Akbar
    U2 by U2
    Climbing the Mango Tree-Madhur Jaffery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also 1. Father Joe-Tony Hendra- a great read,
    2.Super Foods, 14 foods that will change Your Life
    3. The Trees In My Forest by Bernd Heinrich. I will post more as I remember them. Not very good at writing them down this year.

    ReplyDelete