26 October 2006

Smokey (and other live mascots)

I saw this article on CNN.com about Smokey getting a little nippy with an Alabama player that fell on him during pre-game warmups. Smokey is a sharp looking dog, I have to say, and I'm not even a dog lover! Which led me to search for a list of other top live mascots. You can check them out here and here. Of the mascots listed, my vote for most impressive would have to go to Ralphie. That thing is huge and it really gets going! I'd like to see the war eagle at Auburn sometime or the bears at Baylor.
I think that a hawk would be lots of fun Iowa games. Or Nebraska could get a, um, real person to husk corn. (Might be better than that inflatable baby guy with the hat on crooked.)

2 comments:

  1. NU used to have Herbie -- he's wasn't great but better than Lil' Red.

    Iowa should get a live hawk that'd be great!

    My vote is for the bears -- pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that fat boy's name was Li' Red, oh... ha. ha... I can't even comment on that or Kate would not be happy with me.

    ReplyDelete