31 May 2006

Bombay Burgers

I made these turkey & tofu burgers last night for the second time and I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I would be interested in any modifications that anyone might offer, though. They turned out fairly moist (turkey burgers seem to get dry usually) and fairly light in the belly. Try them out and see what you think. Toast the bun and I like them topped with ranch dressing, but I think that cucumber & yoghurt sauce we had last weekend would be excellent on them.

1 package of Ground Turkey (1.2 #)
1/2 package of extra firm tofu (diced)
1 T Garam Masala
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Turmeric
1/4 t Ground Coriander
1/2 t Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 t Yellow Mustard seed
1/4 t Black Mustard seed
1 egg

I just combined everything and then made some patties, which I rolled in/dusted with a bread crumb & black pepper mixture. Turkey is so sticky, I thought this might help on the grill.

1 comment:

  1. After looking at my title again, I am thinking this should probably be renamed "Mumbai Burgers". or "Bollywood Burgers"

    ReplyDelete