I couldn't really trim down my list too much. With only 1 or 2 exceptions, I enjoyed everything I read this year, maybe that means I'm not qualified to be a critic or I am just easily entertained. Whatever it is, here is what I liked this year...
1. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
2. Bobby Fischer Goes to War - Edmunds & Eidinow
3. Smashed - Koren Zailckas
4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
5. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck
6. Night - Elie Wiesel
7. Educating Esmé - Emsé Raji Codell
8. Candyfreak - Almond
9. Emperors of Chocolate - Joel Glen Brenner
10. Domers - Kevin Coyne
11. The Last of the Donkey Pilgrims - Kevin O'Hara
12. How Soccer Explains the World- Foer
13. Making the Corps - Ricks
14. There are No Shortcuts - Rafe Esquith
Please post your favorites in Comments.